Miyabi 5000MCD-B Birchwood 6-in. Chutoh/ Utility Knife
A beautiful Masur Birchwood handle leads into 101 layers of steel, precision ground to expose an exquisite flower Damask pattern and a cutting core of ultra-hard Micro-Carbide MC63 powdered steel.
- Utility / Slicing Knife / Chutoh: A medium sized knife, slightly larger than a paring knife, used for miscellaneous light cutting such as cucumbers, larger apples or smaller squash and carving medium-sized roasts or poultry.
- Size: 6" / 160 mm
- Micro-Carbide MC63 powdered steel core
- CRYODUR vacuum tempered blades
- Three-step Honbazuke honing process
- 100 layers of stainless steel (50 layers per side) wrap the blade core and are polished to reveal a one-of-a-kind flower Damascus pattern
- 63 degree Rockwell Hardness
- Edge Angle: 9.5-12 degree per side
- Traditional Japanese D-shape Birchwood handle enhanced with a mosaic pin and a metal end cap featuring the MIYABI logo
- Made in Seki, Japan
- All MIYABI products are fully guaranteed against defects in material and /or craftsmanship